Sidmouth girl is youngest Book Tracker
Lottie gains gold Book Track award from Sidmouth Library
POSSIBLY the youngest reader to undertake Sidmouth Library’s Book Track award is Lottie Mills, who started at the age of five.
Now, just over a year on, Lottie, who lives in Sidmouth, has gained her gold badge and certificate for reading 100 books, and is still just six.
“Lottie would be one of the youngest of our Book Trackers because we don’t encourage children to start so young,” said librarian Meriel Santer, pictured handing Lottie her certificate.
“Book Track in Devon is hugely popular and a really good way of encouraging reluctant readers, both boys and girls.”
You may also want to watch:
She said Lottie enjoyed books about animals as well as fairytales.
- 1 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 2 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 3 Alderman honour for councillor devoted to serving community
- 4 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 5 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 6 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 7 After shopping in town why not give your feet a treat
- 8 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members