Sidmouth girl is youngest Book Tracker
Lottie gains gold Book Track award from Sidmouth Library
POSSIBLY the youngest reader to undertake Sidmouth Library’s Book Track award is Lottie Mills, who started at the age of five.
Now, just over a year on, Lottie, who lives in Sidmouth, has gained her gold badge and certificate for reading 100 books, and is still just six.
“Lottie would be one of the youngest of our Book Trackers because we don’t encourage children to start so young,” said librarian Meriel Santer, pictured handing Lottie her certificate.
“Book Track in Devon is hugely popular and a really good way of encouraging reluctant readers, both boys and girls.”
You may also want to watch:
She said Lottie enjoyed books about animals as well as fairytales.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Mighty Greens conquer Plym Trail marathon