Sidmouth girlguides get set for centenery extravaganza
GIRLGUIDES from Sidmouth and Ottery will take part in a special celebration marking the national launch of the movement s centenary. Around 200 youngsters from the local districts, which also includes Honiton, will meet at Escot Park tomorrow (Saturday) f
GIRLGUIDES from Sidmouth and Ottery will take part in a special celebration marking the national launch of the movement's centenary.
Around 200 youngsters from the local districts, which also includes Honiton, will meet at Escot Park tomorrow (Saturday) for the fun-packed party.
Rainbows, Brownies and Guides as well as their leaders and guests of honours will join together and they will be treated to a range of activities.
For the girls, entertainment includes a bouncy castle, circus skills and the use of Escot Park facilities as well as plate painting and a graffiti wall.
You may also want to watch:
And for the whole group, a centenary video tracing back the last one hundred years of Girlguiding UK will be shown for past and present members.
There will be tea, a cake-cutting ceremony and people will even have the chance to take part in a campfire singalong.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 8 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 9 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again
- 10 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
Chris Chapman, district commissioner, said: "This is a very special event for us- the first of a few from September 2009 to October 2010, and we have some key messages to put across. It is important we make the public aware that we are a modern organisation relevant to girls today."
Although some past members of Girlguiding will be in attendance at the party, Sidmouth District will also be holding another event later in the year where all local former members will be invited.
* See next week's Herald for photos of the event.