Sidmouth glows as late night shopping attracts crowds of shoppers
- Credit: Archant
Bells, music and shop tills rang out on as businesses kept their doors open for festive fun as late night shopping returned to Sidmouth.
The event, which is organised by Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce, was the ‘best place to be’ for Christmas shopping as crowds flocked last Friday to enjoy mince pies, mulled wine and pick up a bargain or two.
The wet and windy weather resulted in the cancellation of some of the planned entertainment but music still rung out across town, including the sound of the parish church bells.
A Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce spokesperson said: “Shops in Sidmouth were glowing with light and decoration attracting shoppers from far and wide including those who come especially to our hotels for this special weekend.
“Tills were ringing and mulled wine was on offer from many a doorway and office vestibule.”
You may also want to watch:
The chambers next event is its ‘Strictly Fun’ party, which will take place on Saturday, January 5, at the Victoria Hotel.
Tickets are available from Paragon Books for the black tie dinner and are priced at £40 a person. The evening will feature a band and casino and will start at 7.30pm.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 4 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 5 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 6 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
Cut off for tickets is next Friday (December 21).