Sidmouth go-karting success
SIDMOUTH S first go-karting contest at The Ham on Wednesday was hailed a success by competitors and organisers. It was a fantastic event, said area youth worker Mark Gerry.
SIDMOUTH'S first go-karting contest at The Ham on Wednesday was hailed a success by competitors and organisers.
"It was a fantastic event," said area youth worker Mark Gerry. "Everyone had a great time and some great friendships were built up during the day."
Organised by Devon Youth Service, youth centre teams from East Devon built go-karts, with support from Paul at Station Garage, and the course was marshalled by area youth workers their colleagues and members of Sidmouth Youth Council.
The problem-free day was thanks to PCSO Jay Pepper, youth workers Steve Cleverley, Alan Fowler and Claire White, and young people Chris Bradford, Tom Pile and Nathan O'Connor.
You may also want to watch:
After points were added up there were three joint leaders. The winner was decided by time trials and will receive a trophy at a later date.
This put Sidmouth Youth Caf� Management Team first, with Axminster second and Budleigh Salterton third.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 5 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again
- 9 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 10 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
Competitors then enjoyed a barbeque at Sidmouth Youth Centre, with support from Haymans butchers and Crusty Cob, with karaoke, and other activities.