Sidmouth go-karting success
SIDMOUTH S first go-karting contest at The Ham on Wednesday was hailed a success by competitors and organisers. It was a fantastic event, said area youth worker Mark Gerry.
SIDMOUTH'S first go-karting contest at The Ham on Wednesday was hailed a success by competitors and organisers.
"It was a fantastic event," said area youth worker Mark Gerry. "Everyone had a great time and some great friendships were built up during the day."
Organised by Devon Youth Service, youth centre teams from East Devon built go-karts, with support from Paul at Station Garage, and the course was marshalled by area youth workers their colleagues and members of Sidmouth Youth Council.
The problem-free day was thanks to PCSO Jay Pepper, youth workers Steve Cleverley, Alan Fowler and Claire White, and young people Chris Bradford, Tom Pile and Nathan O'Connor.
You may also want to watch:
After points were added up there were three joint leaders. The winner was decided by time trials and will receive a trophy at a later date.
This put Sidmouth Youth Caf� Management Team first, with Axminster second and Budleigh Salterton third.
- 1 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 2 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 3 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 4 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 5 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 6 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 7 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 8 Sidmouth poised for a title push
- 9 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 10 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
Competitors then enjoyed a barbeque at Sidmouth Youth Centre, with support from Haymans butchers and Crusty Cob, with karaoke, and other activities.