Sidmouth go-karting success
SIDMOUTH S first go-karting contest at The Ham on Wednesday was hailed a success by competitors and organisers. It was a fantastic event, said area youth worker Mark Gerry.
SIDMOUTH'S first go-karting contest at The Ham on Wednesday was hailed a success by competitors and organisers.
"It was a fantastic event," said area youth worker Mark Gerry. "Everyone had a great time and some great friendships were built up during the day."
Organised by Devon Youth Service, youth centre teams from East Devon built go-karts, with support from Paul at Station Garage, and the course was marshalled by area youth workers their colleagues and members of Sidmouth Youth Council.
The problem-free day was thanks to PCSO Jay Pepper, youth workers Steve Cleverley, Alan Fowler and Claire White, and young people Chris Bradford, Tom Pile and Nathan O'Connor.
You may also want to watch:
After points were added up there were three joint leaders. The winner was decided by time trials and will receive a trophy at a later date.
This put Sidmouth Youth Caf� Management Team first, with Axminster second and Budleigh Salterton third.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
Competitors then enjoyed a barbeque at Sidmouth Youth Centre, with support from Haymans butchers and Crusty Cob, with karaoke, and other activities.