Sidmouth Golf Club to host charity Call My Bluff and more news
Sidmouth Macmillan Cancer Support will host an Antiques Call My Bluff Quiz evening. Read this and more.
CHRISTMAS TREE: The National Trust’s A la Ronde hosts its first community Christmas Tree Festival from Saturday, December 3 to Sunday, December 18.
Organisations have been hard at work perfecting their trees, which will be displayed at the entrance to A la Ronde, Exmouth, in the run-up to Christmas. Decorating themes have been kept a closely guarded secret and will be revealed when the grounds open at 11.30am on December 3.
CALL MY BLUFF: Sidmouth Macmillan Cancer Support, with Bearnes Hampton & Littlewood fine art auctioneers of Honiton and Exeter, will host an Antiques Call My Bluff Quiz evening at Sidmouth Golf Club on Thursday, December 8, from 7pm, with all proceeds going to Macmillan. Tickets, �10, to include a ploughman’s supper, available from Coles, High Street Sidmouth.
Joyce Burnham, chairman of Sidmouth Macmillan group, said: “Come along for a fun evening and test your knowledge on antiques.”
- 1 A375 roadworks to restart in September
- 2 'Leave our banners alone!'
- 3 Urgent appeal for collectors as Sidmouth Airshow approaches
- 4 Otterhayes home rated 'good' after improving 'in leaps and bounds'
- 5 Jeeves and Wooster play was 'perfect nonsense'
- 6 National Trust Supporters' Group outing
- 7 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 8 Decision on Straitgate's appeal funding deferred
- 9 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 10 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
CHRISTMAS: A Celebration of Christmas is the theme of a concert at Sidholme Hotel, Sidmouth, from 8pm on December 16 and 17. Organised by the Lions Club of Sidmouth to benefit charity, tickets, �7 from Coles, High Street.
SANTA: Lions will be helping Santa and his Christmas sleigh to visit roads in and around the Sid Valley from Friday, December 2 to 22.