Sidmouth gran scoops Hospiscare Lottery
A SIDMOUTH grandmother was the lucky winner of the Hospiscare Lottery this week. June Stubbs, 73, scooped the �1,000 prize but she has not decided what she is going to do with it yet. I have never won anything before so I was really pleased and especial
A SIDMOUTH grandmother was the lucky winner of the Hospiscare Lottery this week.
June Stubbs, 73, scooped the �1,000 prize but she has not decided what she is going to do with it yet.
"I have never won anything before so I was really pleased and especially to have won at this time of year. It was a lovely surprise," said June, who has been playing the Hospiscare Lottery since 2007.
Geoff Stamp, the Hospiscare Lottery Manager, said: "More than 65p in every pound of the Hospiscare Lottery goes straight to providing services to local people, supporting our nurses in the community, at the hospital and at the hospice."
You may also want to watch:
It is drawn every Friday and you can play for �1 a week for a chance to win one of 40 cash prizes, with a top prize of �1,000 to be won every week. For more information ring (01392) 688025 or visit www.hospiscare.co.uk .
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 7 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 8 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start