Sidmouth gran scoops Hospiscare Lottery
A SIDMOUTH grandmother was the lucky winner of the Hospiscare Lottery this week. June Stubbs, 73, scooped the �1,000 prize but she has not decided what she is going to do with it yet. I have never won anything before so I was really pleased and especial
A SIDMOUTH grandmother was the lucky winner of the Hospiscare Lottery this week.
June Stubbs, 73, scooped the �1,000 prize but she has not decided what she is going to do with it yet.
"I have never won anything before so I was really pleased and especially to have won at this time of year. It was a lovely surprise," said June, who has been playing the Hospiscare Lottery since 2007.
Geoff Stamp, the Hospiscare Lottery Manager, said: "More than 65p in every pound of the Hospiscare Lottery goes straight to providing services to local people, supporting our nurses in the community, at the hospital and at the hospice."
You may also want to watch:
It is drawn every Friday and you can play for �1 a week for a chance to win one of 40 cash prizes, with a top prize of �1,000 to be won every week. For more information ring (01392) 688025 or visit www.hospiscare.co.uk .
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 New exhibition features Sidmouth view