Sidmouth granddad to tackle Everest
Fundraising stalwart Baz only has one lung!
A FUNDRAISING Sidmouth granddad with only one lung will cap off decades of gruelling global charity challenges by tackling Mount Everest.
Plucky pensioner Baz Breadmore hopes residents can next week help him add to the tens of thousands of pounds he has raised for good causes over 30 years.
Despite losing a lung when he was just two-years-of-age, Baz, 71, has run two London Marathons, cycled the length of Israel, walked 75 miles along the Great Wall of China and trekked 16,500 feet up Kilimanjaro, collecting a whopping �48,000.
The retired graphic designer wants to finish on a high-literally- by climbing to Everest base camp to boost the British Heart Foundation.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s my last big charity event so I can get to the �50,000 mark. I’m going to finish in a big way!,” said Baz.
“I’ve done all sorts, but this is the toughest by far.
- 1 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 2 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 3 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 4 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 5 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 6 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 7 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 8 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary
“Having one lung won’t hold me back. I keep pretty fit.”
The granddad of four will take on the 16,500 vertical mile climb in March next year for the British Heart Foundation.
Baz needs to raise �4,000 before he sets off and vital fundraising for the trek starts on Wednesday, (September 1) when tickets go on sale for a variety night in the Manor Pavilion.
The November 13 evening of music, comedy and drama, will see an award-winning Sidmouth Amateur Dramatics Society (SADS) play come to the town for the first time.
Fun will feature Avril Best, Mo Cuthbert, Brian Ress and Ashley Leeds among a host of local talent.
Tickets (�10) are available form the Manor Pavilion on (01395) 514413.