Sidmouth Grizzly runner sponsored for NZ quake victims
Grizzly runner April Rose from Sidmouth, raises �1,000 for Christchurch earthquake appeal
AMONG the 1,675 finishers in this year’s Grizzly Run, was April Rose from Sidmouth, whose efforts raised around �1,000 for the Christchurch earthquake appeal.
April, a chiropractor, decided to raise money for the appeal after her boyfriend Rich Fuell experienced the quake first hand when he was visiting the New Zealand city to see his sister Natalie.
She and Rich’s mum Lynne, had a tough time raising sponsorship, but determination, and lots of phone calls, along with help from Sidmouth Post Office staff, who accepted donations over the counter, has boosted the fund.
Meanwhile boyfriend Rich, who has returned to Christchurch, where Prince William visited this week, told the Sidmouth Herald some 10,000 homes need to be demolished following the earthquake - overshadowed by the enormous one that hit Japan a week ago – and some may never be rebuilt.
You may also want to watch:
The money sponsored in the Sidmouth and Branscombe area will go towards shelter for quake victims, clothing and food.
- 1 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 2 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 5 Sidmouth poised for a title push
- 6 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 7 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 8 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 9 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 10 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays