Sidmouth group’s flower power raises £200 for Mill Water School
- Credit: Archant
Proceeds from show were donated to the cause
Sidmouth Flower Arrangement Club raised £200 to help Mill Water School support children with severe learning difficulties.
The money was collected at a show organised by the group in July and a cheque was presented to Lyndsey Trimmer, chairman of the school’s PTFA, in St Francis Church Hall last week.
Flower club secretary Diane Emms said: “We always open the show to the public for two days to raise money for a charity. This year, we wanted to do something for children and one of our committee members has a daughter who works there so we decided to raise money for them.”
Mill Water School moved into a new, purpose-built building in the grounds of Bicton College in January 2015.
You may also want to watch:
Sheila Baker, chairman of the club, is pictured presenting a cheque to Mrs Trimmer.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future