Sidmouth group’s flower power raises £200 for Mill Water School
- Credit: Archant
Proceeds from show were donated to the cause
Sidmouth Flower Arrangement Club raised £200 to help Mill Water School support children with severe learning difficulties.
The money was collected at a show organised by the group in July and a cheque was presented to Lyndsey Trimmer, chairman of the school’s PTFA, in St Francis Church Hall last week.
Flower club secretary Diane Emms said: “We always open the show to the public for two days to raise money for a charity. This year, we wanted to do something for children and one of our committee members has a daughter who works there so we decided to raise money for them.”
Mill Water School moved into a new, purpose-built building in the grounds of Bicton College in January 2015.
You may also want to watch:
Sheila Baker, chairman of the club, is pictured presenting a cheque to Mrs Trimmer.
- 1 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 4 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 5 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 6 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 7 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 8 Top books to inspire children to love nature this summer
- 9 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary
- 10 Beachgoers share moment of wonder