Sidmouth groups invited to apply for grants
PUBLISHED: 19:30 09 November 2016
Sidmouth Town Council has invited voluntary organisations in the parish to apply for grants.
Members will consider applications for the 2017/18 financial year at a meeting in January.
Grants will only be made to organisations whose applications meet the criteria set out by the council and are approved at that meeting.
Applications for a project must demonstrate that it:
● Promotes the wellbeing of the people and community;
● Enhances and/or preserves the heritage of the town;
● Contributes to the viability and vitality of the economy;
● Improves the cohesiveness of the community;
● Is inclusive of a wide spectrum;
● Contributes towards the community’s cultural life;
● Contributes to organisational and/or environmental sustainability.
Twenty-six Sid Valley causes benefited from the last round of grants, when nearly £15,000 was handed out.
Voluntary organisations that wish to apply for grant assistance in 2017/18 are invited to visit www.sidmouth.gov.uk, where application forms are available.
They can also request a form by writing to the town clerk at Sidmouth Town Council, Woolcombe House, Woolcombe Lane, Sidmouth, Devon EX10 9BB.
The deadline for completed applications is Friday, December 16.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Sidmouth Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.