Sidmouth groups invited to apply for grants
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Town Council has invited voluntary organisations in the parish to apply for grants.
Members will consider applications for the 2017/18 financial year at a meeting in January.
Grants will only be made to organisations whose applications meet the criteria set out by the council and are approved at that meeting.
Applications for a project must demonstrate that it:
? Promotes the wellbeing of the people and community;
You may also want to watch:
? Enhances and/or preserves the heritage of the town;
? Contributes to the viability and vitality of the economy;
- 1 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 2 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 7 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 8 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
? Improves the cohesiveness of the community;
? Is inclusive of a wide spectrum;
? Contributes towards the community’s cultural life;
? Contributes to organisational and/or environmental sustainability.
Twenty-six Sid Valley causes benefited from the last round of grants, when nearly £15,000 was handed out.
Voluntary organisations that wish to apply for grant assistance in 2017/18 are invited to visit www.sidmouth.gov.uk, where application forms are available.
They can also request a form by writing to the town clerk at Sidmouth Town Council, Woolcombe House, Woolcombe Lane, Sidmouth, Devon EX10 9BB.
The deadline for completed applications is Friday, December 16.