Sidmouth groups rally support for SLWC
Sidmouth Living With Cancer gets more support from the town
FRIDAY 13 may be unlucky for some, but two Sidmouth Living With Cancer members hope it will be a successful fundraising day for them.
Shirley and Colin Ratcliffe will run a coffee morning at St John Ambulance Hall, Blackmore Drive, to raise funds for the group’s mini-bus appeal.
During the morning on Friday, August 13, the couple will have various stalls selling cakes, jewellery, clothes, plants and bric-a-brac as well as a tombola table.
Bill Lankester said: “We are only charging 60p admission, which includes coffee and biscuits.
You may also want to watch:
“One of the main reasons for the event is to let the public see what we do and if anybody wishes to talk to Evelyn (Bill’s wife) or myself – or any other member – about how we may be able to help them, we will be only too pleased.
“We can also show them what we do within the group.”
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 5 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 8 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 9 Sidmouth Brass Academy set to play again
- 10 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
SLWC has been presented with a cheque for �500 from Arcot Park Fete, supported by the Guinness Care Trust, and a cream tea, held at Sidmouth Conservative Club, raised more than �100.
Lynn Horrell from Peaslands and Lisa Craig from Salters Meadow, held an Off the Peg fashion show at Sidford Social Hall earlier this summer and raised more than �1,000 for the group.
They are pictured, with their band of models, at All Saints Infants School, where they presented a cheque to members of SLWC.