Sidmouth groups rally support for SLWC
Sidmouth Living With Cancer gets more support from the town
FRIDAY 13 may be unlucky for some, but two Sidmouth Living With Cancer members hope it will be a successful fundraising day for them.
Shirley and Colin Ratcliffe will run a coffee morning at St John Ambulance Hall, Blackmore Drive, to raise funds for the group’s mini-bus appeal.
During the morning on Friday, August 13, the couple will have various stalls selling cakes, jewellery, clothes, plants and bric-a-brac as well as a tombola table.
Bill Lankester said: “We are only charging 60p admission, which includes coffee and biscuits.
You may also want to watch:
“One of the main reasons for the event is to let the public see what we do and if anybody wishes to talk to Evelyn (Bill’s wife) or myself – or any other member – about how we may be able to help them, we will be only too pleased.
“We can also show them what we do within the group.”
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Lockdown has shown the importance of nature and the need for us to nurture each other
- 9 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
SLWC has been presented with a cheque for �500 from Arcot Park Fete, supported by the Guinness Care Trust, and a cream tea, held at Sidmouth Conservative Club, raised more than �100.
Lynn Horrell from Peaslands and Lisa Craig from Salters Meadow, held an Off the Peg fashion show at Sidford Social Hall earlier this summer and raised more than �1,000 for the group.
They are pictured, with their band of models, at All Saints Infants School, where they presented a cheque to members of SLWC.