Guides explore the wonders of the library for National Libraries Week
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth guide group paid a visit to the library to solve puzzles and design posters as part of National Libraries Week.
The group, aged between 10 and 14 years, took part in a quiz around Sidmouth Library to find letters hidden in books which made up a story - and the clues could be put together to make stories.
The 1st Sidmouth Guides want to pass their thanks to Carol Pentecost of the library for her help in overseeing a fun and informative evening for everyone.
The unit meets on Thursdays from 6.30-8.30pm.
The older group, of members aged 14 to 18, meets on Monday nights from 7.30-9pm.
You may also want to watch:
If you are a parent and want to get involved, the group is looking for more adult volunteers to join and help with the running of the groups.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.girlguiding.org.uk to register.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 7 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 10 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles