Strictly come guiding - Sidmouth youngsters enjoy sleepover on famous dance floor
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s girl guides enjoyed a sleepover to remember after spending the night in Blackpool’s famous Tower Ballroom.
The youngsters were among 600 guides and leaders from across the South West and Scotland for a weekend of fun at the Ballroom Blitz event.
The group were the only representatives from Devon with two of the members making their guiding promise in the upper circle of the ballroom.
The venue, which features on Strictly Come Dancing, came to life with the guides enjoying a range of dances before taking to the floor themselves.
The group also visited Madam Tussauds, the Sea Life Centre and braved the heights to go to the top of the 158-metre tall tower.
You may also want to watch:
Guide leader Lorna Beard said: “In the words of Craig Revel Horwood the weekend was ‘Fab-u-lous, Dahling’.”
The guiding sector is looking to recruit new adult volunteers to help continue running their units. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Debut in the Dartmoor League