Sidmouth hairdressers celebrates first birthday
- Credit: Archant
A hairdresser who learned to snip and style in Sidmouth’s salons before setting up her own business has celebrated her business’s first anniversary.
Lucy Retter opened The Hair Hub on April 1, 2017, and has plenty to celebrate – not only has she reached a year as a town centre trader, but she has also been awarded an accolade. Lucy triumphed in the Sole Trader category at the Sid Valley Business Awards, run by Sidmouth Chamber of Commerce, earlier this year.
The 34-year-old said she would also soon be welcoming a new member of staff to join the team - growing The Hair Hub further.
Lucy started out her training at the Hair Loft and went on to manage the Hair Temple before teaching the trade at Exeter College.
She then returned to her roots to set up her own business.
You may also want to watch:
Lucy said: “It has been a fantastic first year – we are booked for weeks ahead. As a new business we have done really well.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open