Sidmouth Herald backs Rotary Young Citizen awards
Time running out for Rotary Sid Valley Young Citizen of the Year awards
TIME is running out to nominate a young person for the title Sid Valley Young Citizen of the Year.
Forms to put forward names for the award, in two age categories, must be returned before Tuesday, November 15.
It is the third year Sid Valley Rotary Club has offered the award, with sponsorship from the Sidmouth Herald.
There will be cash prizes for the winners of both categories – 14 years and under and for those aged 15 to 21.
You may also want to watch:
John Stephens is chairman of Sid Valley Rotary’s community and vocational committee.
He said: “We are looking for young people who have made an outstanding contribution to the community, within the Sidmouth area.
- 1 Family trip to seaside ends in dramatic rescue from rip tide
- 2 Walkers get ready to step out in the twilight for Hospiscare
- 3 Headteacher pays tribute to small school with a huge heart
- 4 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 5 Legion's centenary plea for Sidmouth Poppy Appeal volunteers
- 6 Saved from the bin! Charity shop staff hunt for mistaken items
- 7 'No further action' after 11 deaths at Sidford care home
- 8 Concerns raised over surge in number of unpaid carers
- 9 Businesses should be stocking up now for Folk Festival
- 10 Plans to pedestrianise Sidmouth town centre put forward
“This could be by supporting a charity, helping the elderly, putting outstanding effort into a club or society, or being a carer at home.
“We are asking parents, friends, teachers or youth leaders to put forward candidates who they feel have, in some way, made a difference to the lives of those around them.”
There are many young people whose contributions in the community go largely unseen and unrewarded, he said, which is why Rotarians are encouraging relatives and friends, teachers and youth leaders to put forward names.
Completed forms, which can be found in Friday’s issue of the Sidmouth Herald, must be sent before November 15 to Young Citizen Award, Diana Bowerman, News Editor, Sidmouth Herald, Archant SW, Fair Oak Close, Exeter Airport Business Park, Clyst Honiton, Exeter, EX5 2UL.