Sidmouth Herald backs Rotary Young Citizen awards
Time running out for Rotary Sid Valley Young Citizen of the Year awards
TIME is running out to nominate a young person for the title Sid Valley Young Citizen of the Year.
Forms to put forward names for the award, in two age categories, must be returned before Tuesday, November 15.
It is the third year Sid Valley Rotary Club has offered the award, with sponsorship from the Sidmouth Herald.
There will be cash prizes for the winners of both categories – 14 years and under and for those aged 15 to 21.
You may also want to watch:
John Stephens is chairman of Sid Valley Rotary’s community and vocational committee.
He said: “We are looking for young people who have made an outstanding contribution to the community, within the Sidmouth area.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
“This could be by supporting a charity, helping the elderly, putting outstanding effort into a club or society, or being a carer at home.
“We are asking parents, friends, teachers or youth leaders to put forward candidates who they feel have, in some way, made a difference to the lives of those around them.”
There are many young people whose contributions in the community go largely unseen and unrewarded, he said, which is why Rotarians are encouraging relatives and friends, teachers and youth leaders to put forward names.
Completed forms, which can be found in Friday’s issue of the Sidmouth Herald, must be sent before November 15 to Young Citizen Award, Diana Bowerman, News Editor, Sidmouth Herald, Archant SW, Fair Oak Close, Exeter Airport Business Park, Clyst Honiton, Exeter, EX5 2UL.