Sidmouth Herald sponsors Beat Bus trophy
Second Beat the Bus race will raise funds for Sidmouth Living With Cancer group
THE Sidmouth Herald has sponsored a memorial trophy that will be presented to Beat the Bus race winners for the first time -this year.
In memory of former Sidmouth paramedic Colin Craig, who died, aged 48, of cancer last August, leaving widow Lisa and four children, the trophy will now be given to the overall winner of subsequent Beat the Bus races.
Herald news editor, Diana Bowerman, said: “I am delighted that Archant SW could sponsor this excellent trophy in memory of Colin, and I am sure, as Beat the Bus is now a firm fixture in everyone’s diary, it will be competed for for many years to come.”
Entries are now coming in for the event, which will see runners trying to beat the Otterton to Sidmouth Stagecoach bus on Wednesday, June 29.
You may also want to watch:
Once again, Stagecoach is sponsoring the event to the tune of �500.
Sidmouth Running Club members Bill Valentine and Lesley Roberts organisers of the race, came up with the idea to raise funds for the Herald’s Campaign 2010 charity, Sidmouth Living With Cancer.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 7 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 8 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
Money raised this year will also go to SLWC.
Runners will assemble at 6.25pm at Otterton Green on Wednesday, June 29, for a 6.37pm start.
To enter, complete the form on this page and return to Bill Valentine, 16 Manstone Avenue, Sidmouth, EX10 9TF.
Entry fee is �10 (�8 with EA Licence) and entries close on June 27.
Prizes for the first three men and three women home, plus certificates for beating the bus, will be awarded.