Sidmouth Herald Swimathon team seeks donations
Herald Sharks to join Sidmouth Rotary Swimathon
THE son of Bill and Evelyn Lankester from Sidmouth Living With Cancer, is planning to join Sidmouth Rotary’s Swimathon - in Dubai, where they live.
Stephen Lankester, his wife Mary and their children, twins Ollie and Jake, 11, and daughter Maddie, nine, hope to form their own family team to raise money for the Sidmouth cancer support group, which is this year’s charity to benefit from the Swimathon.
Meanwhile, editorial staff from the Sidmouth Herald and Midweek Herald have signed up to take part in the event as the Herald Sharks and hope readers will sponsor them, either by the length, or for finishing the 55 minute swimming session.
“We may have the help of a couple of good swimmers in our team, but most of us are unlikely to do more than a few lengths each,” said Di Bowerman, chief reporter on the Sidmouth Herald.
You may also want to watch:
You can drop in your offerings to Kennaway House on Fridays or Mondays or to Honiton TIC where the Midweek Herald has an office on Wednesday and Thursday, or pledge your support on sponsorship forms available there to complete.
Alternatively you could send donations to Herald Sharks, Fair Oak Close, Exeter Airport Business Park, Clyst Honiton, Nr Exeter, EX5 2UL. All the money collected will go directly to the Rotary Club’s Swimathon.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 4 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 5 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 6 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
There is still time to enter a team of five for the event. Apply for entry forms to David Raistrick (01395) 519183. The Swimathon will take place at Sidmouth Swimming Pool between 4pm and 9pm on Saturday, October 30.