Sidmouth holiday park pledged £2 million refurb
- Credit: Archant
The new owner of a Sidmouth holiday park has pledged a £2 million investment as he promises the site is now in safe hands.
A number of jobs will be created as Weston Bay Resort is expanded by 17 units and the existing facilities are improved, in a programme to be completed by next spring, writes Stephen Sumner.
The resort, formerly known as Stoneleigh Holiday Village, was hit badly by the recession and had a series of owners before Loca Ventures acquired the site.
Managing director James Hetherington said: “We are excited about this project and are looking forward to creating a buzz around the place once more.
“This is a great location and it has been a real pity that the recession played out so badly.
You may also want to watch:
“However, we are now upbeat and looking forward.”
The redevelopment will update and refurbish the clubhouse, gym, swimming pool, restaurant and bars, upgrade the landscaping, lighting and security, and restore the 15m swim pool, gym, restaurant and bars.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
James added: “This time next year, the place will have been transformed.
“With great contemporary facilities and with new permanent and part-time jobs, we believe we are at the beginning of a major success.”
The proposed developments fit within the current footprint of the site and builds on previous planning applications.
Their fate will be decided by East Devon District Council.