Sidmouth home bid hangs in the balance
A MAN S dream to retire and build a family home in Sidmouth has been left hanging in the balance.
A MAN'S dream to retire and build a family home in Sidmouth has been left hanging in the balance.
Planning chiefs will visit land in Livonia Road today before deciding if controversial plans to build a house and car port with new access will become a reality.
Experts last week recommended the bid be refused, but East Devon District Council Development Management Committee members have opted to visit the town instead.
Designs for the proposed dwelling came in for criticism last Wednesday and have attracted several letters of objection form neighbours.
You may also want to watch:
The land-owner said he wanted to retire to Sidmouth and bring his elderly mother, who is from the town, and family with him.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 6 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 10 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal