Sidmouth home bid hangs in the balance
A MAN S dream to retire and build a family home in Sidmouth has been left hanging in the balance.
A MAN'S dream to retire and build a family home in Sidmouth has been left hanging in the balance.
Planning chiefs will visit land in Livonia Road today before deciding if controversial plans to build a house and car port with new access will become a reality.
Experts last week recommended the bid be refused, but East Devon District Council Development Management Committee members have opted to visit the town instead.
Designs for the proposed dwelling came in for criticism last Wednesday and have attracted several letters of objection form neighbours.
You may also want to watch:
The land-owner said he wanted to retire to Sidmouth and bring his elderly mother, who is from the town, and family with him.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 9 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council