Sidmouth home bid hangs in the balance
A MAN S dream to retire and build a family home in Sidmouth has been left hanging in the balance.
A MAN'S dream to retire and build a family home in Sidmouth has been left hanging in the balance.
Planning chiefs will visit land in Livonia Road today before deciding if controversial plans to build a house and car port with new access will become a reality.
Experts last week recommended the bid be refused, but East Devon District Council Development Management Committee members have opted to visit the town instead.
Designs for the proposed dwelling came in for criticism last Wednesday and have attracted several letters of objection form neighbours.
You may also want to watch:
The land-owner said he wanted to retire to Sidmouth and bring his elderly mother, who is from the town, and family with him.
- 1 Is the River Sid the shortest river in England?
- 2 Bear Grylls praises town's eco-friendly scout 'ambassador'
- 3 Toto has a mosey around gardens and makes a discovery
- 4 'Fabulous' food festival attracts thousands
- 5 Four unexpected kings of England named William
- 6 A rare sight witnessed at town's rugby club
- 7 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 8 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 9 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 10 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth