Open garden event in Sidmouth to support cancer charities
- Credit: Archant
Keen gardeners will be showing off their pride and joy this weekend to help raise money for charity.
Addresses across Sidmouth will be opening up for the August bank holiday weekend in support of the National Garden Scheme.
The four properties taking part are:
21 Coulsdon Road,
Byes Reach, 26 Coulsdon Road,
You may also want to watch:
Fairpark in Knowle Drive
Rowan Bank, 44 Woolbrook Park
- 1 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
There is wheelchairs access at 21 and 26 Coulsdon Road.
The scheme will run for three days between Saturday, August 24, to Monday, August 26.
The gardens will be open between 1.30pm and 5.30pm every day.
Proceeds from the event will be donated to causes including Macmillan Cancer Support, Marie Curie and other prominent cancer and medical care causes.
Ticket prices are £5 for entry into all the gardens, children go free.
There will be refreshments including gluten and lactose free cakes available. Dogs are welcome.