Hopper Bus launches to positive feedback
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s Hopper Bus officially launched at the weekend and has already been proving itself popular.
The service returned on Saturday and will run everyday, throughout the summer, until September 1.
A series of new routes have been introduced this year including buses to King's Garden Centre eight times a day, as well as The Donkey Sanctuary.
A reduced timetable will also operate during Sidmouth FolkWeek.
This year, organisers are carrying out a customer survey and are encouraging users to have their say.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Kelvin Dent, the scheme's co-ordinator, said: "The weekend was good, on the first day the drivers said it was really great how much money they had taken.
"It was one of the best we have ever taken.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 3 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 4 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 5 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 8 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
"We have had some positive feedback about it being excellent value for money, the drivers being very pilot and a great way to get down into town."
Visit sidmouthherald.co.uk for the latest news and goings on in your area.