Hopper Bus launches to positive feedback
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth’s Hopper Bus officially launched at the weekend and has already been proving itself popular.
The service returned on Saturday and will run everyday, throughout the summer, until September 1.
A series of new routes have been introduced this year including buses to King's Garden Centre eight times a day, as well as The Donkey Sanctuary.
A reduced timetable will also operate during Sidmouth FolkWeek.
This year, organisers are carrying out a customer survey and are encouraging users to have their say.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Kelvin Dent, the scheme's co-ordinator, said: "The weekend was good, on the first day the drivers said it was really great how much money they had taken.
"It was one of the best we have ever taken.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Sidmouth Girls Rugby
"We have had some positive feedback about it being excellent value for money, the drivers being very pilot and a great way to get down into town."
Visit sidmouthherald.co.uk for the latest news and goings on in your area.