Sidmouth hospice charity appeals for volunteers
- Credit: Archant
Sidmouth Hospiscare is calling on would-be volunteers to learn about the roles it offers and how they can help.
The charity’s volunteer coordinators are hosting a recruitment day at the Sidmouth Methodist Church Hall from 10.30am to 4.30pm next Friday (June 9).
There will be individuals from each team available to discuss their roles and answer any questions on driving, sitting, befriending, bereavement, fundraising and trustees.
Everyone is welcome to this free event where there will be free teas, coffees and biscuits on offer and with an opportunity to buy a cake from the stall.
Anyone unable to attend can contact the volunteer coordinators on 01395 577126 or firstname.lastname@example.org on weekday mornings.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth Hospiscare offers specialist palliative care for patients in the Sid Valley with life-limiting illnesses and support for their carers and families.
- 1 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 4 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 5 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 6 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon