Sidmouth Hospiscare give bed for patient care
A NEW bed for inpatients at Sidmouth Hospital has been funded by Sidmouth Hospiscare. The bed is an additional resource for patients needing to stay in hospital, whether for a short course of treatment or end of life care.
A NEW bed for inpatients at Sidmouth Hospital has been funded by Hospiscare.
The bed is an additional resource for patients needing to stay in hospital, whether for a short course of treatment or end of life care.
Provision of the extra bed is in line with the NHS national Gold Standards Framework initiative, which aims to offer all patients nearing the end of their life, greater choice in where they receive care.
A Sidmouth Hospiscare nurse said: "The Gold Standards Framework encourages healthcare providers to strengthen and expand hospice care in the community.
"This is a tremendous advantage to patients and carers, allowing them to remain locally and receive a greater continuity of care from people they are familiar with."
Emma Bagwell, matron at Sidmouth Hospital, added: "We're really grateful on behalf of our patients.
- 1 Plans for quarry at Ottery St Mary REFUSED
- 2 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 3 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 4 Council set to approve plans for a new quarry in Ottery St Mary
- 5 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 6 New look for interior of Sidmouth's Norman Lockyer Observatory
- 7 Ottery's big switch on lights up the town
- 8 Sidmouth late night shopping is back after the pandemic
- 9 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 10 Sidmouth's band announces cancelled concerts
"This is a really exciting development and it can only enhance the excellent working relationship we have with Sidmouth Hospiscare and other community health care professionals."
Sidmouth is one of 21 community hospitals run by Devon Primary Care Trust.