Sidmouth Hospiscare give bed for patient care
A NEW bed for inpatients at Sidmouth Hospital has been funded by Sidmouth Hospiscare. The bed is an additional resource for patients needing to stay in hospital, whether for a short course of treatment or end of life care.
A NEW bed for inpatients at Sidmouth Hospital has been funded by Hospiscare.
The bed is an additional resource for patients needing to stay in hospital, whether for a short course of treatment or end of life care.
Provision of the extra bed is in line with the NHS national Gold Standards Framework initiative, which aims to offer all patients nearing the end of their life, greater choice in where they receive care.
A Sidmouth Hospiscare nurse said: "The Gold Standards Framework encourages healthcare providers to strengthen and expand hospice care in the community.
You may also want to watch:
"This is a tremendous advantage to patients and carers, allowing them to remain locally and receive a greater continuity of care from people they are familiar with."
Emma Bagwell, matron at Sidmouth Hospital, added: "We're really grateful on behalf of our patients.
- 1 Lifeguards report for duty as new service launches
- 2 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 3 Repaint of fish mural brightens up The Ham
- 4 New minibus takes voluntary service's fleet to three
- 5 Village summer fair returns to support local charities
- 6 Festival benefits connected businesses as well
- 7 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 8 Donkey sanctuary's new trail and batty activities this summer
- 9 Town's garden competition effort judged
- 10 Ottery win the Monty Perry Invitation Cup
"This is a really exciting development and it can only enhance the excellent working relationship we have with Sidmouth Hospiscare and other community health care professionals."
Sidmouth is one of 21 community hospitals run by Devon Primary Care Trust.