Sidmouth Hospiscare give bed for patient care
A NEW bed for inpatients at Sidmouth Hospital has been funded by Sidmouth Hospiscare. The bed is an additional resource for patients needing to stay in hospital, whether for a short course of treatment or end of life care.
A NEW bed for inpatients at Sidmouth Hospital has been funded by Hospiscare.
The bed is an additional resource for patients needing to stay in hospital, whether for a short course of treatment or end of life care.
Provision of the extra bed is in line with the NHS national Gold Standards Framework initiative, which aims to offer all patients nearing the end of their life, greater choice in where they receive care.
A Sidmouth Hospiscare nurse said: "The Gold Standards Framework encourages healthcare providers to strengthen and expand hospice care in the community.
You may also want to watch:
"This is a tremendous advantage to patients and carers, allowing them to remain locally and receive a greater continuity of care from people they are familiar with."
Emma Bagwell, matron at Sidmouth Hospital, added: "We're really grateful on behalf of our patients.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
"This is a really exciting development and it can only enhance the excellent working relationship we have with Sidmouth Hospiscare and other community health care professionals."
Sidmouth is one of 21 community hospitals run by Devon Primary Care Trust.