Sidmouth Hospiscare opens new advice hub in town centre
- Credit: Archant
A new health and wellbeing information centre has opened in Sidmouth this week.
The centre, in the former Age Concern premises in the High Street, is run by Sidmouth Hospiscare, but open to anyone needing advice or support.
It offers information on the broadening of Sidmouth Hospiscare’s services, and is also working with Sid Valley Help, to provide details of other sources of support in the community.
Sidmouth Hospiscare’s chief executive Gill Ryall said that over time, the centre ‘will evolve according to what people ask for, within the Covid-19 restrictions’.
Community organisations are invited to contact the centre if they would like to work with Sidmouth Hospiscare to provide wellbeing services.
You may also want to watch:
But the centre is also for people who would like to simply come in for a friendly chat.
It is currently open from 9.30am until 12.30pm, but that will change if there is a demand for longer opening hours.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future