Long service awards and thanks for Sidmouth Hospiscare volunteers
- Credit: Archant
Long service awards were presented to Sidmouth Hospiscare volunteers when the charity held its annual thank you evening.
Olympic medallist, event rider Mary King, one of the charity’s patrons, was among the invited guests which included more than 40 volunteers.
During the event, held last week at Sidmouth Golf Club, awards were presented to those who have volunteered for more than five or 10 years.
This included, Rick Moore, a Sidmouth Hospiscare volunteer driver, who began helping the charity in March 2013 and has completed more than 200 journeys. Mr Moore said: “In 35 years in my working life, I never got the same job satisfaction that I get from taking patients who are stressed, worried, in bad health and unable to travel easily by other means.
“They genuinely appreciate the kindness and professionalism offered by all elements of Sidmouth Hospiscare.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m proud to be one of the team and hopefully I’m good for another five years, at least.”
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight