Sidmouth Hospiscare volunteer drivers receive award
- Credit: Archant
Charity volunteers from Sidmouth have been recognised for their efforts to help people get out and about in the community.
Sidmouth Hospiscare's driving team won an award from Devon County Council for best team contribution to community transport.
Volunteers Dieter Ritz and Nick Jones and volunteering coordinator Ashlynn Lee received the award and a £200 cash prize at a ceremony held at County Hall on July 18.
The annual awards honour the work of transport volunteers who deliver essential services to Devon residents.
Rick Moore, a Sidmouth Hospiscare volunteer driver, said: "In 35 years of working life, I never got the same job satisfaction that I get from transporting patients who are stressed, worried, in bad health or unable to travel easily by other means.
You may also want to watch:
"They genuinely appreciate the kindness and professionalism offered by Sidmouth Hospiscare. I'm so proud to be one of the team."
The £200 cash prize will now be spent on a party for the volunteers.
- 1 Making the most of our daily walks by the sea
- 2 Sidmouth musician to host 24hr virtual open mic for cancer charity
- 3 Diamonds are forever - Devon Communities Together launches 60th anniversary campaign
- 4 Speed limit trial will pave the way for safer Devon roads
- 5 Boohoo’s purchase of Arcadia group brands could provide a massive benefit for the High Street
- 6 Sidmouth Cricket Club building new partnerships
- 7 If you want something sorted then you better call Sal
- 8 Young people welcome to ‘Youthie’ on Zoom
- 9 It will be good to see Sidmouth town centre 'bustling again'
- 10 Business employment charity needs helping boost to continue