Sidmouth Hospiscare volunteer drivers receive award
- Credit: Archant
Charity volunteers from Sidmouth have been recognised for their efforts to help people get out and about in the community.
Sidmouth Hospiscare's driving team won an award from Devon County Council for best team contribution to community transport.
Volunteers Dieter Ritz and Nick Jones and volunteering coordinator Ashlynn Lee received the award and a £200 cash prize at a ceremony held at County Hall on July 18.
The annual awards honour the work of transport volunteers who deliver essential services to Devon residents.
Rick Moore, a Sidmouth Hospiscare volunteer driver, said: "In 35 years of working life, I never got the same job satisfaction that I get from transporting patients who are stressed, worried, in bad health or unable to travel easily by other means.
You may also want to watch:
"They genuinely appreciate the kindness and professionalism offered by Sidmouth Hospiscare. I'm so proud to be one of the team."
The £200 cash prize will now be spent on a party for the volunteers.
- 1 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 2 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 5 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 6 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival
- 7 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 8 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 9 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 10 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution