Sidmouth Hospiscare volunteer drivers receive award
- Credit: Archant
Charity volunteers from Sidmouth have been recognised for their efforts to help people get out and about in the community.
Sidmouth Hospiscare's driving team won an award from Devon County Council for best team contribution to community transport.
Volunteers Dieter Ritz and Nick Jones and volunteering coordinator Ashlynn Lee received the award and a £200 cash prize at a ceremony held at County Hall on July 18.
The annual awards honour the work of transport volunteers who deliver essential services to Devon residents.
Rick Moore, a Sidmouth Hospiscare volunteer driver, said: "In 35 years of working life, I never got the same job satisfaction that I get from transporting patients who are stressed, worried, in bad health or unable to travel easily by other means.
You may also want to watch:
"They genuinely appreciate the kindness and professionalism offered by Sidmouth Hospiscare. I'm so proud to be one of the team."
The £200 cash prize will now be spent on a party for the volunteers.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 8 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 9 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start