Sidmouth Hospital fund to press on with improvements
Some �5,000 raised through fete and car boot sale for Sidmouth Hospital Comforts Fund
A HEFTY �5,000 was raised at Sidmouth Hospital Comforts Fund’s fete and car boot sale at Sidmouth Rugby Ground.
“We didn’t really know how much we would raise, because we haven’t done it on that scale before,” said a delighted chairman, Graham Vincent. “The last fete we had we held in the hospital car park.”
In a letter to the Sidmouth Herald, Mr Vincent thanks sponsors and says the event “far exceeded any expectations.”
He added: “The result strengthens our will to press for the much-needed improvements we know Sidmouth deserves.”
You may also want to watch:
Of Phase Five plans to upgrade the community hospital, Mr Vincent said: “The general feeling is, it has to happen. We have gone four fifths of the way and when Phase Five is completed we will have virtually re-built the hospital.”
Following Government Health Service changes in April, an application to complete upgrading works to Sidmouth Hospital have been put on hold.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 6 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 9 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 10 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
The following Sidmouth businesses sponsored prizes for the recent Sidmouth Hospital Comforts Fund fete:
Potburys, �200 voucher; Brend Hotels, two night break for two; Dr Andy Ridler, Boat trip with lunch for four; Landrover experience, 4x4 experience; Woodforde perfumes, L’Occitane Neroli perfume and L’Occitane toilet water and body lotion; Mountstephens, silver and pearl pendant earrings; Dart Marina Hotel, Sunday lunch for two; R & S Davies, three bottles of spirits; Hamilton Garage, voucher for complete valet; Goviers, ornaments; R Laird, bottle of spirits; Tangles, hair care voucher; Dartbridge Inn, voucher for �35; Essential Beauty, therapy products; Ann Phelps, basket of fruit; Gliddons Toy Shop, toy; B & J Clarke, wine; Willow Framing, voucher for �25; Stags Outfitters, handkerchiefs; G & J Vincent, bottle of spirits; Sarah price, gourmet hamper; Azure, gift; Pure Indulgence, Zen Garden; The Bicycle Shop, bathroom mirror with radio.
Sponsorship also came from: Bradfords; C & C Electrical; Royal York and Faulkner Hotel; Easterbrook Eaton; Fords of Sidmouth; Skinner Construction; Haymans and Delderfields.