Sidmouth Hospital porters choose Christmas tree
Sand House, Sidbury, donates Christmas tree to Sidmouth Victoria Hospital
PORTERS from Sidmouth Victoria Hospital were invited to Sand House, Sidbury, before Christmas to choose and cut down a Christmas tree for staff and patients to enjoy.
The tree was donated by Stella and Stephen Huyshe-Shires of Sand House and transported back to Sidmouth on the top of the hospital van before being erected in the ward courtyard.
Staff and students from Sidmouth College used their combined creative talents to decorate the tree, which has been admired by those at the hospital during the festive season.
Hospital matron, Emma Bagwell, said: “We are all delighted with the tree and have had lots of comments from patients and visitors about how lovely it looks.”
You may also want to watch:
Pictured with it are nursing staff Jayne Parish and Martine Dack.
- 1 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 4 Sidmouth Toy & Model Museum is a hit with Toto
- 5 Top books to inspire children to love nature this summer
- 6 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 7 Ottery brothers applaud customers on 'Freedom Day'
- 8 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 9 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 10 Property of Week: North Street, Ottery St Mary