Sidmouth Hospital porters choose Christmas tree
Sand House, Sidbury, donates Christmas tree to Sidmouth Victoria Hospital
PORTERS from Sidmouth Victoria Hospital were invited to Sand House, Sidbury, before Christmas to choose and cut down a Christmas tree for staff and patients to enjoy.
The tree was donated by Stella and Stephen Huyshe-Shires of Sand House and transported back to Sidmouth on the top of the hospital van before being erected in the ward courtyard.
Staff and students from Sidmouth College used their combined creative talents to decorate the tree, which has been admired by those at the hospital during the festive season.
Hospital matron, Emma Bagwell, said: “We are all delighted with the tree and have had lots of comments from patients and visitors about how lovely it looks.”
You may also want to watch:
Pictured with it are nursing staff Jayne Parish and Martine Dack.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 4 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 7 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 8 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building