Sidmouth Hospital's summer fete on Saturday
PEOPLE from Sidmouth and the surrounding area are being invited to the town s hospital summer fete.
PEOPLE from Sidmouth and the surrounding area are being invited to the town's hospital summer fete.
Opened by Sir John Cave, Lord Lieutenant of Devon, the fete will be held at Sidmouth Victoria Hospital on Saturday, June 13, from 1.30pm to 4.30pm, and will feature stalls, music, face painting, Punch and Judy and much more.
There will also be a chance to tour the hospital's operating theatre.
Patients will benefit from money raised as this will go to the hospital's Comforts Fund, organisers of the event.
You may also want to watch:
This Fund raises money towards the purchase of some equipment for the hospital as well as helping to fund major refurbishment changes.
Sidmouth Hospital is one of 21 community hospitals run by Devon Primary Care Trust.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 5 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 6 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 7 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Major road repair scheme will reduce patching
- 10 Pianist set to delight audiences in 50th anniversary season
Richard Anderson, Devon PCT's area manager for Sidmouth, said: "Sidmouth Hospital Comforts Fund has raised millions of pounds for the hospital over the last few years.
"The fete is a great opportunity to have some fun and raise money for potential future developments at the same time.
"The work of the Comforts Fund is invaluable in raising money for a wonderful hospital which is used by people all over the Sidmouth area.