Sidmouth Hospital’s therapeutic garden opened after years of waiting
- Credit: Archant
Hospital patients can now enjoy the benefits of a therapeutic garden, which has been opened after years of waiting.
Trustees of the Sidmouth Victoria Hospital Comfort Fund were thrilled to officially open the garden on Saturday, after months of hard work getting it ready.
Sidmouth Victoria Hospital has 24 inpatient beds, plus one bed for end-of-life care that is financed by Sidmouth Hospiscare, and it is hoped the garden will be enjoyed by all.
In an opening speech, Graham Vincent, the fund’s chairman, said they were so pleased to open the garden, which they hoped would help to speed up recovery times.
He added: “One evening when I was watering the plants a dear old lady tapped the window and told me it is a pleasure to wake up in the morning to see the colour, movement and scent of the plants.
You may also want to watch:
“I believe we have achieved something that not only inpatients but staff and the Memory Cafe and hospice can also use.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Virtual donkey day out on Easter Sunday
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Ella's walks raise more than £3,000 for brain tumour research
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 10 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead