Sidmouth Hospital tops patient survey
Top marks for Sidmouth Hospital in patient safety survey
SIDMOUTH Victoria Hospital is one of the best community hospitals in England – and that’s official.
A national survey of hospitals shows inspectors rate Sidmouth and Ottery St Mary community hospitals among the best in the country.
The survey, organised by the National Patient Safety Agency (NPSA), rated the environment, catering, cleanliness and privacy and dignity given to patients at NHS Devon’s community hospitals as “excellent” across the board, receiving the best possible mark.
Emma Bagwell, matron at Sidmouth Hospital, said: “It has been a real team effort to achieve three excellent marks for our hospital.”
You may also want to watch:
Graham Vincent, chairman of the Comforts Fund, said: “This is such wonderful news and the staff at Sidmouth Hospital must be commended on their hard work, dedication and professionalism, most ably led by their matron.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open