Sidmouth hosts World’s Biggest Coffee Mornings
Macmillan Cancer Support fundraiser to get Sidmouth’s backing
THE chinking of coffee cups will be heard around Sidmouth on Friday and Saturday, (September 30 and October 1) as groups hold fundraising events for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Friday is the annual World’s Biggest Coffee Morning appeal and Sidmouth folk have joined in the spirit of the appeal in the charity’s centenary year.
Joyce Burnham, chairman of Macmillan Cancer Support, Sidmouth, and her committee, will hold their coffee morning at Sidmouth Methodist Church, from 10am to 12.30pm and hopes to raise more than the �439 made at last year’s event.
Meanwhile, Sheila Skittrall, ladies captain at Sidmouth Golf Club, has organised a coffee morning there between 10am and noon.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “There will be cakes, a prize draw and pashminas to sell.”
Sheila will be helped by Dee Bridgewater and Anne Blackler, vice captain. Macmillan is her charity for 2011.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 7 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop
- 8 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 9 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
“Each year the captain chooses a charity to support and this is Macmillan’s centenary year,” she said.
Three Sidmouth hotels will host Macmillan coffee mornings on Friday - the Kingswood & Devoran, The Westcliffe and the Royal Glen.
On Saturday morning, there will be a World’s Biggest Coffee Morning at St Teresa’s Hall, Sidmouth.