Sidmouth Hot Cross Bun giveaway
WITH Easter a week away, plans for Sidmouth s traditional Hot Cross Bun giveaway are hotting up.
WITH Easter a week away, plans for Sidmouth's traditional Hot Cross Bun giveaway are hotting up.
In the last 12 months some �1,000 has been raised to buy the Easter buns and oranges to give to local children aged 12 and under on Good Friday morning and collecting tins have already been distributed around the town.
As usual, members of Sidmouth Hot Cross Bun Fund will be at Bedford Lawn Car Park for a 9am start to the ceremony and Sidmouth Town Band will again be on hand to provide music to the usually long queue as children and parents wait patiently for their turn to receive the tasty Easter offering.
"As always, as secretary of the fund, I should like to thank the many people involved who make this event the success that it usually is," said Tony Perram, who has organised the giveaway for 30 years.
You may also want to watch:
He said the president and committee would like to thank "all the local people who gave so generously to this worthwhile project."
Donations can be sent to the bun fund treasurer, Mr N Hillier, at Saddlers Mead, Sid Road, Sidmouth, Devon, EX10 9AQ.
- 1 Read all about it! Teresa scoops national award
- 2 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 3 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 4 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 5 Sidmouth supermarket helps out children living in poverty
- 6 Good old-fashioned common sense is what's needed
- 7 Pre-season fun for a rugby player
- 8 Another record for Kirsteen
- 9 Hot! Hot! Hot! Haytor Heller
- 10 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
If Good Friday turns out to be a wet day, buns will be distributed from the Masonic Hall, High Street.