Sidmouth Hot Cross Bun giveaway
WITH Easter a week away, plans for Sidmouth s traditional Hot Cross Bun giveaway are hotting up.
WITH Easter a week away, plans for Sidmouth's traditional Hot Cross Bun giveaway are hotting up.
In the last 12 months some �1,000 has been raised to buy the Easter buns and oranges to give to local children aged 12 and under on Good Friday morning and collecting tins have already been distributed around the town.
As usual, members of Sidmouth Hot Cross Bun Fund will be at Bedford Lawn Car Park for a 9am start to the ceremony and Sidmouth Town Band will again be on hand to provide music to the usually long queue as children and parents wait patiently for their turn to receive the tasty Easter offering.
"As always, as secretary of the fund, I should like to thank the many people involved who make this event the success that it usually is," said Tony Perram, who has organised the giveaway for 30 years.
You may also want to watch:
He said the president and committee would like to thank "all the local people who gave so generously to this worthwhile project."
Donations can be sent to the bun fund treasurer, Mr N Hillier, at Saddlers Mead, Sid Road, Sidmouth, Devon, EX10 9AQ.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 6 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 9 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
If Good Friday turns out to be a wet day, buns will be distributed from the Masonic Hall, High Street.