Sidmouth hotel company scoops award
A HOTEL company, which owns two Sidmouth hotels, has scooped the highly acclaimed 2009 Tourism Award. Brend Hotels, owner of The Victoria and The Belmont, was presented the accolade by the British Hospitality Association at The Grosvenor House Hotel in Lo
A HOTEL company, which owns two Sidmouth hotels, has scooped the highly acclaimed 2009 Tourism Award.
Brend Hotels, owner of The Victoria and The Belmont, was presented the accolade by the British Hospitality Association at The Grosvenor House Hotel in London during the association's annual luncheon.
Announcing the award, Bob Cotton, the BHA's chief executive, said: "Since the 1920s, the Brend family has been a leading light in the tourism and hospitality industry in the West Country.
"Hospitality is a key hallmark of any of the Brend properties and reflects the emphasis it places on people."
You may also want to watch:
Boris Johnsom, the Mayor of London, presented the award to Richard Brend, a grandson of the founders, Percy and Florence Brend.
Richard said: "The directors of Brend Hotels are delighted to receive such a prestigious award and it is particularly gratifying to be chosen by our industry peers. "And, of course, it was a great pleasure to meet Boris Johnson, who entertained us all with his wacky sense of humour.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 4 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 5 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 6 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth