Sidmouth hotel gets green recognition
OWNERS of a Sidmouth's Victoria Hotel are on track to represent the UK in the European Business Awards for the Environment after their pioneering green policy was rewarded for the third time in a year.
OWNERS of a Sidmouth hotel are on track to represent the UK in the European Business Awards for the Environment after their pioneering green policy was rewarded for the third time in a year.
The Victoria Hotel's Environmental Resource Team triumphed in the Green Apple Environment Awards and will head to the House of Commons in November to receive their accolade.
Winners will then be selected on November 10 to go on and represent the country against continental environmental achievers in Brussells.
The Environmental Resource Team, based on The Esplanade, represent 11 Brend Hotels-owned sites throughout Devon and Cornwall.
You may also want to watch:
Amanda Brend, Environmental Resource Manager for the family-run company said: "We are absolutely thrilled at winning an international award. Winning this award proves to us and hopefully to other businesses, the great advantages of taking responsibility for the actions we take.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 7 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future