Sidmouth hotels ‘have a lot to shout about’
- Credit: Archant
‘First class’ accommodation in Sidmouth is helping the town’s hotels hit the top spots of the world’s largest travel website.
Dan and Megan Cozens, owners of the Woodlands Hotel, want to highlight the success of the town’s tourism industry after noticing four Sidmouth hotels are currently considered in the top 25 in the whole of Devon on TripAdvisor.
The Woodlands stands alongside The Victoria Hotel, The Belmont Hotel and The Bedford.
The hotelier said: “It’s great for the town and shows everyone is working hard and no-one is delivering a bad service.
“No-one is getting bad reviews and that is a testament to the whole of the town.
You may also want to watch:
“We have a lot to shout about.”
Since taking over the hotel three years ago, the couple have worked hard to renovate the building and bring it up to date.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 8 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
Dan continued: “We are a small hotel and we are competing with big groups there’s no denying that. But it’s nice there are four in the top 25 and three hotels inside the top 20.”
He added, the impact of good reviews would reflect on the town with more people coming to visit and spend money in the shops.