Sidmouth in Bloom awards joy
SIDMOUTH in Bloom winners were rewarded for a year of hard work that saw the town land golden recognition.
SIDMOUTH in Bloom winners were rewarded for a year of hard work that saw the town land golden recognition, writes STEFAN GORDON.
Around 100 people descended on East Devon District Council’s Knowle headquarters last Thursday night to pick up a host of trophies and certificates. “This year the town has looked really good and it was a delight to take the judges around,” said Sidmouth in Bloom president Joy Seward. “They must have been impressed because we have never had so many certificates and cups in one year’s entry.”
Residents and organisations who took part were praised for showcasing Sidmouth’s community spirit.
Sidmouth Town Council was also thanked for taking over flower beds at the town’s entrances.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very proud of our schools, they all worked very hard,” added Mrs Seward. Scores of youngsters turned out to collect certificates.
The Rose Endean Cup, presented annually to the person the Bloom committee feels has made an outstanding contribution, went to the Parish family and their 4Homes business
- 1 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
- 2 Scores of nominations for town's champion awards
- 3 Former vice chairman of Sidmouth Town Council turns to murder
- 4 Centenary celebration for knitting legend, Audrey
- 5 Can YOU help successful Sidmouth Running Club Juniors grow?
- 6 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 7 Euro 2020 sweepstake winnings donated to support cancer charity
- 8 Ottery's amazing community has pulled together during pandemic
- 9 Cricket ground will be transformed into festival car park
- 10 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth