Sidmouth in Bloom awards joy
SIDMOUTH in Bloom winners were rewarded for a year of hard work that saw the town land golden recognition.
SIDMOUTH in Bloom winners were rewarded for a year of hard work that saw the town land golden recognition, writes STEFAN GORDON.
Around 100 people descended on East Devon District Council’s Knowle headquarters last Thursday night to pick up a host of trophies and certificates. “This year the town has looked really good and it was a delight to take the judges around,” said Sidmouth in Bloom president Joy Seward. “They must have been impressed because we have never had so many certificates and cups in one year’s entry.”
Residents and organisations who took part were praised for showcasing Sidmouth’s community spirit.
Sidmouth Town Council was also thanked for taking over flower beds at the town’s entrances.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very proud of our schools, they all worked very hard,” added Mrs Seward. Scores of youngsters turned out to collect certificates.
The Rose Endean Cup, presented annually to the person the Bloom committee feels has made an outstanding contribution, went to the Parish family and their 4Homes business
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 3 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 4 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 5 Date announced for unveiling of Ottery's Coleridge statue
- 6 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth