Sidmouth in Bloom call for more contest entrants
Sidmouth in Bloom entrants needed for 2010 contest
GARDENERS in Sidmouth are being given a few days extra to enter this year’s Sidmouth in Bloom competition.
The closing date has been extended to Monday, July 5. Entry forms (see page 26 of Friday’s Sidmouth Herald) must be returned to 4Homes, High Street, Sidmouth, by this date.
Bloom president Joy Seward said: “The prize-giving reception has been booked for October and we are most anxious for more people to enter their gardens.”
The committee has been clearing weeds and sprucing up the town ready for its South West in Bloom judging next month.
You may also want to watch:
“We really want to do well and we need the cooperation of the general public. All we need is for more people to enter the local competition.”
She said Sidmouth town centre was looking colourful with its floral planters and hanging baskets.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 9 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 10 East Devon author launches satirical book