Sidmouth in Bloom call for more contest entrants
Sidmouth in Bloom entrants needed for 2010 contest
GARDENERS in Sidmouth are being given a few days extra to enter this year’s Sidmouth in Bloom competition.
The closing date has been extended to Monday, July 5. Entry forms (see page 26 of Friday’s Sidmouth Herald) must be returned to 4Homes, High Street, Sidmouth, by this date.
Bloom president Joy Seward said: “The prize-giving reception has been booked for October and we are most anxious for more people to enter their gardens.”
The committee has been clearing weeds and sprucing up the town ready for its South West in Bloom judging next month.
You may also want to watch:
“We really want to do well and we need the cooperation of the general public. All we need is for more people to enter the local competition.”
She said Sidmouth town centre was looking colourful with its floral planters and hanging baskets.
- 1 Is the River Sid the shortest river in England?
- 2 Bear Grylls praises town's eco-friendly scout 'ambassador'
- 3 Toto has a mosey around gardens and makes a discovery
- 4 'Fabulous' food festival attracts thousands
- 5 Four unexpected kings of England named William
- 6 A rare sight witnessed at town's rugby club
- 7 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 8 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 9 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 10 Illuminations by the sea start Christmas in Sidmouth