Sidmouth in Bloom call for more contest entrants
Sidmouth in Bloom entrants needed for 2010 contest
GARDENERS in Sidmouth are being given a few days extra to enter this year’s Sidmouth in Bloom competition.
The closing date has been extended to Monday, July 5. Entry forms (see page 26 of Friday’s Sidmouth Herald) must be returned to 4Homes, High Street, Sidmouth, by this date.
Bloom president Joy Seward said: “The prize-giving reception has been booked for October and we are most anxious for more people to enter their gardens.”
The committee has been clearing weeds and sprucing up the town ready for its South West in Bloom judging next month.
You may also want to watch:
“We really want to do well and we need the cooperation of the general public. All we need is for more people to enter the local competition.”
She said Sidmouth town centre was looking colourful with its floral planters and hanging baskets.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 5 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 6 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 7 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 8 Town council vacancies to be filled at the ballot box
- 9 Toto goes bananas with his love for fruit and veg shop
- 10 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action