Sidmouth in Bloom friends needed
FRIENDS of Sidmouth in Bloom are being sought - and volunteers have been asked to help the town succeed in regional and national competitions this year.
Residents are invited to meet the new committee members tomorrow (Saturday, March 24) at the Arts Centre of the Manor Pavilion in Manor Road from 2pm to 4.30pm.
Group chairman, Lynette Talbot, says it will need help if it is to succeed in South West in Bloom and Britain in Bloom contests.
“We need people willing to help with planting, looking after plants, some watering and helping at various social events throughout the year,” said Lynette.
“We are also interested in speaking to people who have a shared garden or other garden initiative, or special neighbourhood involvement regarding horticulture, sustainability, biodiversity and recycling. The ‘in bloom’ competition is about everyone being involved to make Sidmouth an attractive place to live and visit. There will be chances to meet the judges and be involved in what promises to be an exciting year ahead.”
You may also want to watch:
Refreshments will be served tomorrow. For more information, contact Lynette on 01395 578081.
- 1 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 2 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 3 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 4 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 5 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 6 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 7 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 8 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 9 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 10 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought