Sidmouth in Bloom friends needed
FRIENDS of Sidmouth in Bloom are being sought - and volunteers have been asked to help the town succeed in regional and national competitions this year.
Residents are invited to meet the new committee members tomorrow (Saturday, March 24) at the Arts Centre of the Manor Pavilion in Manor Road from 2pm to 4.30pm.
Group chairman, Lynette Talbot, says it will need help if it is to succeed in South West in Bloom and Britain in Bloom contests.
“We need people willing to help with planting, looking after plants, some watering and helping at various social events throughout the year,” said Lynette.
“We are also interested in speaking to people who have a shared garden or other garden initiative, or special neighbourhood involvement regarding horticulture, sustainability, biodiversity and recycling. The ‘in bloom’ competition is about everyone being involved to make Sidmouth an attractive place to live and visit. There will be chances to meet the judges and be involved in what promises to be an exciting year ahead.”
You may also want to watch:
Refreshments will be served tomorrow. For more information, contact Lynette on 01395 578081.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 10 Lockdown has shown the importance of nature and the need for us to nurture each other