Sidmouth in Bloom gears up for local contest
RESIDENTS should be gearing up to enter Sidmouth in Bloom s local competition. For although the committee will not be entering this year s RHS regional South West in Bloom contest, it is still going ahead with its own judging.
RESIDENTS should be gearing up to enter Sidmouth in Bloom's local competition.
For although the committee will not be entering this year's RHS regional South West in Bloom contest, it is still going ahead with its own judging.
"Everything will be the same except that we are not entering the South West competition for this year," said president Joy Seward.
"All our own things are still on, the Secluded Gardens will open from Thursday, July 9 to Tuesday, July 14, and programmes will be available soon at Sidmouth Information Centre.
You may also want to watch:
"All five local schools have designed their gardens and will be planting their beds in Connaught Gardens early in June."
The committee's spring coffee morning will take place today (Friday) at St John's Hall, Blackmore Drive, from 10am to noon.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 3 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 6 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 7 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 8 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
"We would love some cakes for this or anything that we can sell to raise money for our funds," said Joy.
*See Friday's Herald for the local competition entry form.