Sidmouth in Bloom gears up for local contest
RESIDENTS should be gearing up to enter Sidmouth in Bloom s local competition. For although the committee will not be entering this year s RHS regional South West in Bloom contest, it is still going ahead with its own judging.
RESIDENTS should be gearing up to enter Sidmouth in Bloom's local competition.
For although the committee will not be entering this year's RHS regional South West in Bloom contest, it is still going ahead with its own judging.
"Everything will be the same except that we are not entering the South West competition for this year," said president Joy Seward.
"All our own things are still on, the Secluded Gardens will open from Thursday, July 9 to Tuesday, July 14, and programmes will be available soon at Sidmouth Information Centre.
You may also want to watch:
"All five local schools have designed their gardens and will be planting their beds in Connaught Gardens early in June."
The committee's spring coffee morning will take place today (Friday) at St John's Hall, Blackmore Drive, from 10am to noon.
- 1 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
- 9 Ottery retirement community with Easter thank you for keyworkers
- 10 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
"We would love some cakes for this or anything that we can sell to raise money for our funds," said Joy.
*See Friday's Herald for the local competition entry form.