Sidmouth in Bloom prepare for secluded gardens event
- Credit: Archant
Green-fingered gardeners will be showing off their hard work next week to help boost Sidmouth in Bloom.
Residents are taking part in the group’s annual secluded gardens event, which runs from Thursday, June 28 until July 2.
Herbaceous borders and characterful trees and plants will be looking bright and beautiful across the four days, with the aim to raise as much money for Sidmouth in Bloom.
There will also be refreshments and plants on sale at some of the venues.
Visitors will be able to view 14 gardens across the town by purchasing tickets from Sidmouth Tourist information centre or on the gate.
You may also want to watch:
The price of admission is £7 for all the gardens or £2 on the gate.
Heather Bewick from the group said: “This is a very popular event, with several new gardens this year and cream teas, refreshments and plant sales available at selected venues.”
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
Factbox of gardens taking part and opening times:
Thursday - 29 Coulsdon Road 2pm – 4pm, 21 Coulsdon Road 2pm – 4pm, 44 Woolbrook Park 2pm to 5.30pm.
Friday – 29 Coulsdon Road 2 to 4pm, 26 Coulsdon Road 2 to 6pm, 21 Coulsdon Road 2pm to 5pm, 44 Woolbrook Park 2pm to 5.30pm, Littlemeads, Beatlands Road, 10am to 1pm,
9 Convent Fields, 2pm to 5pm.
Saturday – 2 Yarlands 2pm to 5pm, 44 Woolbook Park 2pm to 5.30pm, Farthingwood, Broadway, 10.30am to 5pm, Fairpark, Knwole Drive, 10.30am to 5pm, 12 Sidlands 2 to 5pm, 15 Sidlands 2pm to 5pm, 2 Runnymede, Orchard Close 2pm to 5pm, 1 Lodge Orchard,2pm to 5pm, 3 Lodge Orchard, Runnymede, 2pm to 5pm, Sunday – 26 Coulsdon Road 2pm to 6pm, 21 Coulsdon Road, 2pm to 6pm, 2 Yardlands, 2pm to 5pm, Fathingwood, Broadway, 10.30am to 5pm, 9 Convent Fields 2pm to 5pm, Fairpark, Knowle Drive, 10.30am to 5pm, Runnymede, 2 Orchard Close, 2pm to 5pm, 1 Lodge Orchard, 2pm to 5pm, 3 Lodge Orchard, 2pm to 5pm,
Monday – 26 Colusdon Road, 2pm to 6pm, 44 Woolbrook Park 2pm to 5.30pm,Littlemead, Beatlands Road, 10am to 1pm,