Help Sidmouth shine by joining big clean up party
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth community is being called to pull on their marigold and pull up weeds as part of a big town clean up operation.
Sidmouth in Bloom is leading the event ahead of South West in Bloom judges' arrival on Monday (July 15).
Volunteers will be meeting up in the East Ham car park at the back of Boots to welcome helpers at 10am on both Saturday and Sunday. The group will provide water, detergents and bags but they ask anyone taking part to bring brooms, buckets gloves and weeding tools.
Residents unable to make the clean up can do their bit by tidying up their street or outside their businesses by weeding, sweeping and washing down pavements.
Lynette Talbot, chairman of Sidmouth in Bloom, said: "Make sure you have water to drink if warm. Don't forget to keep watering hanging baskets every day if hot. They dry out quickly."
You may also want to watch:
Judges will inspect the town on Monday morning.
- 1 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 5 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 6 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 7 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 10 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary