Help Sidmouth shine by joining big clean up party
- Credit: Archant
The Sidmouth community is being called to pull on their marigold and pull up weeds as part of a big town clean up operation.
Sidmouth in Bloom is leading the event ahead of South West in Bloom judges' arrival on Monday (July 15).
Volunteers will be meeting up in the East Ham car park at the back of Boots to welcome helpers at 10am on both Saturday and Sunday. The group will provide water, detergents and bags but they ask anyone taking part to bring brooms, buckets gloves and weeding tools.
Residents unable to make the clean up can do their bit by tidying up their street or outside their businesses by weeding, sweeping and washing down pavements.
Lynette Talbot, chairman of Sidmouth in Bloom, said: "Make sure you have water to drink if warm. Don't forget to keep watering hanging baskets every day if hot. They dry out quickly."
You may also want to watch:
Judges will inspect the town on Monday morning.
- 1 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 2 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 7 The annual Marriott Trophy at Sidmouth Town Football Club
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures