Sidmouth in-store slimmer aids charity
IN JUST eight months Julia Quigley, a sales advisor in women s fashions at Fields of Sidmouth, has lost a massive four stones and raised �90 for charity.
IN JUST eight months Julia Quigley, a sales advisor in women's fashions at Fields of Sidmouth, has lost a massive four stones and raised �90 for charity.
Julia, pictured, adopted a healthy eating policy that was low in fat, contained lots of fruit and vegetables and she cut down her portions, eating little and often.
Having reached her target weight, a slimmer Julia said: "The staff at Fields have been an enormous support in encouraging me to stay focused. They suggested sponsoring me and so I decided to raise the money in aid of Field's chosen charity of the year, the Devon Air Ambulance Trust."
Julia, lives with her chef husband in Sidmouth and has been very disciplined in going for walks with her dog.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "I feel so much healthier and confident in myself and I can now treat myself to the new fashions I work with."
The sponsored slim is just one of a number of events the store has organised to raise funds for the Devon Air Ambulance Trust.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 3 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 4 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 5 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 6 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 7 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 8 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out