Sidmouth Infants green plans get support
PLANS for a greener Sidmouth Infants have been backed by Sidmouth Town Council s planning committee.
PLANS for a greener Sidmouth Infants have been backed by Sidmouth Town Council's planning committee.
The school wants permission to fit 39 solar panels to the roof of its main building.
At its meeting on Wednesday, Councillor Sullivan said: "The present roof on that building is in need of repairs, so it is very good they are looking to put photovoltaic tiles on it while doing repairs."
He said the school would get a good grant for installing a renewable energy system, keeping the cost down.
You may also want to watch:
"It will provide an on-going weather station within this system and the school will have its own weather station on line, which I think is a very good idea."
He said visual impact would be minimal. Instead of red roof tiles they would be grey.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 Month of the dead is a time to remember loved ones
- 6 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 7 Nature's own nocturnal acrobats gracing the skies in Devon
- 8 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 9 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 10 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
The final decision on the application will be made by Devon County Council.