Sidmouth Infants green plans get support
PLANS for a greener Sidmouth Infants have been backed by Sidmouth Town Council s planning committee.
PLANS for a greener Sidmouth Infants have been backed by Sidmouth Town Council's planning committee.
The school wants permission to fit 39 solar panels to the roof of its main building.
At its meeting on Wednesday, Councillor Sullivan said: "The present roof on that building is in need of repairs, so it is very good they are looking to put photovoltaic tiles on it while doing repairs."
He said the school would get a good grant for installing a renewable energy system, keeping the cost down.
You may also want to watch:
"It will provide an on-going weather station within this system and the school will have its own weather station on line, which I think is a very good idea."
He said visual impact would be minimal. Instead of red roof tiles they would be grey.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
The final decision on the application will be made by Devon County Council.