Sidmouth Inner Wheel Club to raise money for charity and more news
The Inner Wheel Club of Sidmouth hopes to raise funds to support charities for the deaf when it stages a bridge afternoon. Read this and more.
CHARITY BRIDGE: The Inner Wheel Club of Sidmouth hopes to raise funds to support charities for the deaf when it stages a bridge afternoon later this month. The event, on Tuesday, January 24, will take place in the Darlington Room, Station Road, from 2pm. Proceeds will go to the Exeter Royal Academy for the Deaf and the Ear Foundation. Tickets (�5) are available from Inner Wheel club president Pamela Evennett and cheques can be sent to her at 12 Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth.
SWIMATHON: Last year, 194 swimmers across Devon took part in the annual Swimathon for Marie Curie Cancer Care, collectively raising more than �19,000. Entries for the 25th Swimathon opened this week, with TV presenter and model Jodie Kidd and London 2012 Ambassador Duncan Goodhew swimming the first two lengths in London.
For the first time, the BBC, British Swimming’s Big Splash and Sport Relief join forces with Marie Curie to raise funds through the new Big Splash Mile for Sport Relief and Swimathon’s traditional distance challenges. The first 10,000 people to sign up online for a Swimathon Weekend session before January 31 will get half price entry. Swimmer entry at www.swimathon.org until April 25.
You may also want to watch:
TALK: Bill Horner talks about Pipelines, Parks and Pillboxes - Recent Archaological Work in East Devon, for the Devonshire Association, East Devon branch, at Manor Pavilion, Sidmouth, Friday, January 13, 2.30pm. Non-members welcome - �2 contribution suggested.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman