Sidmouth Inner Wheel Club to raise money for charity and more news
The Inner Wheel Club of Sidmouth hopes to raise funds to support charities for the deaf when it stages a bridge afternoon. Read this and more.
CHARITY BRIDGE: The Inner Wheel Club of Sidmouth hopes to raise funds to support charities for the deaf when it stages a bridge afternoon later this month. The event, on Tuesday, January 24, will take place in the Darlington Room, Station Road, from 2pm. Proceeds will go to the Exeter Royal Academy for the Deaf and the Ear Foundation. Tickets (�5) are available from Inner Wheel club president Pamela Evennett and cheques can be sent to her at 12 Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth.
SWIMATHON: Last year, 194 swimmers across Devon took part in the annual Swimathon for Marie Curie Cancer Care, collectively raising more than �19,000. Entries for the 25th Swimathon opened this week, with TV presenter and model Jodie Kidd and London 2012 Ambassador Duncan Goodhew swimming the first two lengths in London.
For the first time, the BBC, British Swimming’s Big Splash and Sport Relief join forces with Marie Curie to raise funds through the new Big Splash Mile for Sport Relief and Swimathon’s traditional distance challenges. The first 10,000 people to sign up online for a Swimathon Weekend session before January 31 will get half price entry. Swimmer entry at www.swimathon.org until April 25.
You may also want to watch:
TALK: Bill Horner talks about Pipelines, Parks and Pillboxes - Recent Archaological Work in East Devon, for the Devonshire Association, East Devon branch, at Manor Pavilion, Sidmouth, Friday, January 13, 2.30pm. Non-members welcome - �2 contribution suggested.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses