Sweet treats raise money for cancer research
- Credit: Archant
A children’s bake sale raised nearly £400 in just an hour, completely selling out of their delicious cakes.
Pupils of the Sidmouth International School donned their aprons to fundraise for Macmillan Cancer Support.
It was the icing on the cake when the excited youngsters realised how much they had raised in such a short time scale. The money raised is enough to pay for a Macmillan nurse for more than 14 hours.
There was a spread of nationalities on display as students from Kuesnacht in Switzerland were in attendance and joined in with the help of their host families.
General managed Diahann Byrne said: ‘We wanted to raise money for a worthy cause, but also thought it would be a fun way for our staff and students to become involved with the local community. We were absolutely thrilled, it was a sell-out event.”
You may also want to watch:
If you are interested in joining the host family community, please contact the school on 01395 516754.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support