Sweet treats raise money for cancer research
- Credit: Archant
A children’s bake sale raised nearly £400 in just an hour, completely selling out of their delicious cakes.
Pupils of the Sidmouth International School donned their aprons to fundraise for Macmillan Cancer Support.
It was the icing on the cake when the excited youngsters realised how much they had raised in such a short time scale. The money raised is enough to pay for a Macmillan nurse for more than 14 hours.
There was a spread of nationalities on display as students from Kuesnacht in Switzerland were in attendance and joined in with the help of their host families.
General managed Diahann Byrne said: ‘We wanted to raise money for a worthy cause, but also thought it would be a fun way for our staff and students to become involved with the local community. We were absolutely thrilled, it was a sell-out event.”
You may also want to watch:
If you are interested in joining the host family community, please contact the school on 01395 516754.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 5 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 8 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 9 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 10 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI