Sidmouth jumble fun nets �250 for community centre
A JUMBLE sale netted Stowford Rise Community Centre fundraisers �250 thanks to a committed community effort.
A JUMBLE sale netted Stowford Rise Community Centre fundraisers �250, thanks to a committed community effort.
Scores of people flocked to St Francis Hall in Woolbrook to bag a bargain on Saturday.
Residents and councillors all chipped in to ensure the event was a success.
“I’m very grateful to everyone, it was a good effort and all in all a great morning,” said organiser Jan Jones.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re �250 closer to our target.”
Jan described generous donations of jumble as “amazing. I’d like to thank everybody that gave- they really rallied round,” she said.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
“I went inside the community centre for the first time last week and it’s looking good- its all very exciting.”
The next fundraising event in aid of the under-construction centre will be a quiz night at the Balfour Arms, Woolbrook Road, at 8pm on Thursday (April 21). Teams can register at the pub or contact Jan on (01395) 579195.