Sidmouth jumble fun nets �250 for community centre
A JUMBLE sale netted Stowford Rise Community Centre fundraisers �250 thanks to a committed community effort.
A JUMBLE sale netted Stowford Rise Community Centre fundraisers �250, thanks to a committed community effort.
Scores of people flocked to St Francis Hall in Woolbrook to bag a bargain on Saturday.
Residents and councillors all chipped in to ensure the event was a success.
“I’m very grateful to everyone, it was a good effort and all in all a great morning,” said organiser Jan Jones.
“We’re �250 closer to our target.”
Jan described generous donations of jumble as “amazing. I’d like to thank everybody that gave- they really rallied round,” she said.
- 1 Arson attack destroys Ottery NHS worker's car
- 2 Waves of enthusiasm for Sidmouth Sea Fest
- 3 Drunken gunman 'nearly shot dead' by police in village confrontation
- 4 Three Sidmouth sites included in review of East Devon employment sites
- 5 Fire service appoints former police sergeant as ambassador for road safety initiative
- 6 Sainsbury's alters planned car park signs after 'customers only' concerns
- 7 Trio gear up for 'banger' car rally in aid of Motor Neurone Disease charity
- 8 Sidmouth's Fire Beacon Hill will live up to its name in Jubilee ceremony
- 9 Firefighters tackle car fire at Ottery supermarket
- 10 'Amazing' fossils on display at Sidmouth Museum
“I went inside the community centre for the first time last week and it’s looking good- its all very exciting.”
The next fundraising event in aid of the under-construction centre will be a quiz night at the Balfour Arms, Woolbrook Road, at 8pm on Thursday (April 21). Teams can register at the pub or contact Jan on (01395) 579195.