Sidmouth jumble fun nets �250 for community centre
A JUMBLE sale netted Stowford Rise Community Centre fundraisers �250 thanks to a committed community effort.
A JUMBLE sale netted Stowford Rise Community Centre fundraisers �250, thanks to a committed community effort.
Scores of people flocked to St Francis Hall in Woolbrook to bag a bargain on Saturday.
Residents and councillors all chipped in to ensure the event was a success.
“I’m very grateful to everyone, it was a good effort and all in all a great morning,” said organiser Jan Jones.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re �250 closer to our target.”
Jan described generous donations of jumble as “amazing. I’d like to thank everybody that gave- they really rallied round,” she said.
- 1 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Football in support of mental health
- 6 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 7 Ottery St Mary Silver Band 'Centenary+1' fundraiser launched
- 8 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 9 Sad loss at Beer Albion
- 10 East Devon author launches satirical book
“I went inside the community centre for the first time last week and it’s looking good- its all very exciting.”
The next fundraising event in aid of the under-construction centre will be a quiz night at the Balfour Arms, Woolbrook Road, at 8pm on Thursday (April 21). Teams can register at the pub or contact Jan on (01395) 579195.