Sidmouth kids are royalty for a day
YOUNG competition entrants made a right royal effort when a Sidmouth childrenswear shop celebrated the Diamond Jubilee.
Monday’s Child launched an exclusive contest sponsored by Joules to win �100 of Little Joules clothing.
Children under the age of eight were invited to dress as a king or queen - and got their parents to take photos to send to the store.
Six finalists attended an official ceremony on Tuesday.
Judges Sylvia Brownlee and Di Bowerman said they found it particularly hard picking a winner.
You may also want to watch:
In the boys’ category, Joel Kellow, four, was the victor, while Amelia Wadsworth, also four, celebrated success in the girls’ section.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 6 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 7 Youngsters invited to join in Fairtrade Fortnight competition
- 8 Rugby on a rollercoaster of disruption
- 9 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 10 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank