Sidmouth lady celebrates 102nd birthday
- Credit: Archant
Filling your days with ‘lots of love’ is the secret to having a long and happy life, says a 102-year-old.
Sidmouth resident Joanna Knight celebrated her birthday on Wednesday.
Joanna, who has lived in Manor Road for more than 30 years, was born in Oxford and moved to Bournemouth as a child.
The great-grandmother-of-four married her husband Gerald then moved to Sidmouth where they purchased Knights Clothing Store, in Fore Street, which closed in 2010.
The couple ran their business and lived in the flat above during World War Two. The pair had two sons, Gordon and Keith, who went on to give them four grandchildren and four great-grandchildren. The couple were together 72 years before Gerald died in 2010.
You may also want to watch:
When asked what the secret was to a long and happy life, Joanna said: “It’s lots of love.”
Joanna’s granddaughter, Rebecca Knight, said: “She is still very bright-eyed and is quite remarkable for 102.”
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 5 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 6 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 7 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman